Search :  

Air France F-BVGG

Return to the forum index
Post a message for this thread

Share |

Osprey204

Number of messages:

Topic: Air France F-BVGG - Sent 23 Sep 20:51

Does anyone know how F-BVGG, the Airbus involved in the 1976 Air France hijacking that ended at Entebbe was returned to France? Just curious as imagine Idi Amin wasn't in a very generous mood afterwards. I see that it did return to service so somebody flew it home. Any ideas? Thanks.

User profil Private message Suggest deletion    

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: Air France F-BVGG - Sent 26 Sep 8:15

AF crew were sent in and after their own security people swarmed over it for explosives it flew back to France but something in the back of my mind tells me that it wasn't Paris.

Can you help out an ageing flyer anyone.

Josh94

Number of messages:

Topic: Air France F-BVGG - Sent 01 Jun 12:13

It has been confirmed by Air France that the Airbus A300 involved in the Entebbe ordeal with the registration F-BVGG was returned to the company however, it is not specified how but it has been confirmed that the jet was sold by Air France to Vietnam Airlines on 10/03/1996. From there the plane was sold to S-C Aviation on 04/12/1996 where it was converted into an Airbus 300B4-203F and the tail registration was altered to N742SC. The plane was sold further to MNG Airlines on 20/05/1998 and the registration changed further to TC-MNA. MNG Airlines are the last known owner of the aircraft that was hijacked by associates of the PFLP (The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine)

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: Air France F-BVGG - Sent 01 Jun 17:08

I do as I said back in September remember the recovery of the aircraft but I think it was flown to Toulouse.

Post a message for this thread

To post a message, you must be logged in , if you are not yet a member Click here to register

Email :

Password :

Topic
Air France F-BVGG

Your message Insert a smiley

By posting a message on this forum, you agree expressly that your message can be removed by site administrators, due to moderaiton concerns, without justification of reason. You agree that your write access to the forum can be blocked due to several complaints from users related to your posts. Finally, it is forbidden to create additional user accounts if the original is restricted.

Messages must be written in english. Messages written in an another language will be deleted.
Post only messages related to the civil aviation, and do not insert any ad. Your IP is logged.
You can custom your text by using the following codes
[B]Your text[/B] : Text in bold
[I]Your text[/I] : Text in italic
[U]Your text[/U] : Text underline
[S]Your text[/S] : Text striketough

Airfleets.net 2002-2014

[Contact] [Privacy Policy] [Disclaimer] [Advertisement]

The Airport Game - Tourism in Ibiza - Tourisme Ibiza - Tourism in Menorca  
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com