Search :  

airports

Return to the forum index
Post a message for this thread

Share |

zaitochi

Number of messages:
  Topic: airports - Sent 11 Jan 11:22

do you think airports are saturated they had parked? I'm talking about major airports.
I do not remember where I read that airports no longer stand the aircraft parked in the parking lontemps too!
when do you think?

zaitochi

User profil Private message Suggest deletion    

Dulles_Flyer

Number of messages:
  Topic: airports - Sent 11 Jan 13:31

Heh?

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: airports - Sent 11 Jan 15:23

zaitochi:
It depends on the age and the extent of development of a particular major airport. Not all are the same std.

In newer airports across Asia, U tend to find all pavements to be of the same higher loading standard across the entire airfield. In LAX and even JFK, there are some parking/apron areas that are not designed for heavier types/widebodies to be parked there for a long time. If U do, the aircraft may literally <sink> into the ground especially when the ambient temperature is really high. Of course, all parkings right in front of the terminal gates hv no such problem but then again, U won't park a 380 there for long term storage anyway. Therefore, an airline/operator/airport authority must be well aware of what they are parking and exactly where in the airport.

FAA and similar authorites across EU/Asia have globally standardized approach to categorize every airliner type by weight classes and in connection, airport pavements are also classed similarly(A single airport can hv many diff pavement classes in diff areas) to clearly identify which class of aircraft can park on what kind of pavement class. I believe this is known as pavement loading specifications.

zaitochi

Number of messages:
  Topic: airports - Sent 11 Jan 20:35

especially for major airport.
I saw somewhere that there were too many of these airports had parked! in europe of course

Why

Lisa

Number of messages:
  Topic: airports - Sent 15 Jan 17:50

i dont know whats your idea of storage site but i think in your mind is something like this
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2002/2237004134_217f3ee320.jpg
this boneyard is marana, az, for 747s and you find as many types as you can, so the pavement is ready for anything. morocco desert offers perfect dry air conditions and similar weather such as marana, and dont forget marana storage site is a so restrict access area and you must provide same thing i guess, we all here wondering what you have in mind. ;p

zaitochi

Number of messages:
  Topic: airports - Sent 15 Jan 18:23

i want to do a short aircraft storage !
the good name with the auhority is , short life storage .
is for 1 day to 6 months .
that's i wont to do , sorry for my english !

Lisa

Number of messages:
  Topic: airports - Sent 15 Jan 18:39

so now i finally got your idea, by tops 6 months meanwhile storage term and morocco the perfect location if the idea is the europe market your focus, 80% is mediam-size aircraft e.g. 737 and 320 families to be realocated while financial crisis is on and airlines doing changes to go back profitable. morocco is like tops 4 hours flight to anywhere western europe and of course like i said perfect weather.

Post a message for this thread

To post a message, you must be logged in , if you are not yet a member Click here to register

Email :

Password :

Topic
airports

Your message Insert a smiley

By posting a message on this forum, you agree expressly that your message can be removed by site administrators, due to moderaiton concerns, without justification of reason. You agree that your write access to the forum can be blocked due to several complaints from users related to your posts. Finally, it is forbidden to create additional user accounts if the original is restricted.

Messages must be written in english. Messages written in an another language will be deleted.
Post only messages related to the civil aviation, and do not insert any ad. Your IP is logged.
You can custom your text by using the following codes
[B]Your text[/B] : Text in bold
[I]Your text[/I] : Text in italic
[U]Your text[/U] : Text underline
[S]Your text[/S] : Text striketough

Airfleets.net 2002-2014

[Contact] [Privacy Policy] [Disclaimer] [Advertisement]

The Airport Game - Tourism in Ibiza - Tourisme Ibiza - Tourism in Menorca  
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com