Search :  

BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL

Return to the forum index
Post a message for this thread

Share |

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 09 Jan 13:30

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/01/09/ba-plane-makes-emergency-landing-after-both-pilots-taken-ill/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D91242

I was wondering if it could have been exhaust fumes coming in through the air con. Used to get this regularly on the older BAC One/Elevens and I have heard that FlyBE have had a few cases of the same on their Q400

User profil Private message Suggest deletion    

Mabel

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 09 Jan 17:44

Could also be food poisoning. The first symptom of food poisoning (before the vomiting and diarhea starts) is dizziness and light-headedness.

Mabel

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 09 Jan 17:46

I also went through the slide show of the 10 worst airlines in the middle of the article...no shocker that FR was #1.

''It was not hard to find reviewers with a poor opinion of the budget airline. An overriding impression was one of being ripped off. As one customer commented: ‘I've concluded that Ryanair is nothing but a great big social experiment to see how arrogant an airline can get and how low customer service can be pushed before the said airline starts to lose money….We keep coming back to this horrid airline with its miserable service in hope that we'll save a Euro or two. Reality is that we probably end up spending more money than we would have if we opted for a better airline’, while delivered a damning verdict: ‘They have to be the most customer unfriendly company I have come across. Dirty plane when we eventually got on, tired looking and dishevelled cabin crew. What more can I say - a shocking experience that I never wish to repeat.’''

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 10 Jan 5:01

Quotes fm the article:
<<...to see how arrogant an airline can get and how low customer service can be pushed before the said airline starts to lose money...>>
FR wasn't born yesterday and its attitude towards customers has been around for decades(And well documented by the media+various pax reviews so clearly no new discovery/revelation there). Still, it rarely loses $ if ever at all...in fact, it consistently remains 1 of the most profitable carrier in EU.

<<We keep coming back to this horrid airline....>>
I would add <in droves> @ the end of this sentence.

<<Reality is that we probably end up spending more money than we would have if we opted for a better airline>>
Very likely to be true but unfortunately, it appears that millions of FR customers hv NOT been betting on that <possibility>. Instead, they keep voting FR to <<save a Euro or two>> with their own hard-earned cash. FR's target consumers hv to be the most price-sensitive mkt segment we've ever seen throughout the history of transportation.

<<a shocking experience that I never wish to repeat>>
Ahhhh, but they will. There're many things in life that we may not <wish> to repeat but still keep on doing it @ the end of the day due to crushing econ reality(Particularly in Europe nowadays).

Skid Kid

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 11 Jan 3:00

I take exception at IBE being included on the list. They are not that bad, but rather on par with the majority of other major carriers. By no means do I think they're good, just not bad.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 11 Jan 9:36

Good can be bad if it's not done properly and bad can be good it it is done properly, If you see what I think I mean !!!!

Dulles_Flyer

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 11 Jan 14:47

Completely agree with Spirit and Unsafe-Scareways (aka USAirways) making the list. Have flown both, and will never again. Can get non-stop flights on both to S. FLA but instead choose to fly UA and connect through EWR.

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 11 Jan 15:34

captain bill:
I re-read your statement several times and still failed to follow your journey into the deep philisophical mine field. May be I'm not intelligent enough.....

Dulles_Flyer:
I thought fm the Greater Washington area, WN, a nicer carrier @ the minimum, will also be a workable option to S.Fla nonstop. May be WN don't fly the Washington region? Except for the *A miles U can pocket, I think UA/CO shorthaul @ best is only on-par with WN overall.

Dulles_Flyer

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 11 Jan 16:04

FLX:
I would happily fly WN if I could. Yes, they have a major hub at BWI, but from since I live less than 5 miles from IAD, BWI (which is a great airport) is a haul, especially with traffic in this area. IAD does have WN service, but only to Midway and Denver. The other option is DCA, but, ....... I'll just leave it at that.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 11 Jan 16:17

FLX A good service set up by the company can turn out to be bad if the FAs dont do things as they should be done and a service like FR's can be made acceptable if it is done with a smile and everything flows well.

I have had the same service on the same route with BA and one was outstanding and the other was a disgrace and all down to the attitude of the crew.

I have had the same service on the same route with FR and one was OK and the other was so bad it was non-existant and all down to the attitude of the crew.

I hope that clears up my statement made before my nurse gave me my medication.

Mabel

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 11 Jan 18:03

It's all hit and miss with every airline, but BA hits more often than it misses and FR...well, they couldn't hit a barn door at close range.

As for NK and US, the one experience I've had with NK (limited to one LAX-LAS roundtrip) wasn't so horrible I now refuse to fly with them, although I wouldn't fly them for any segment longer than 1-2 hours or with the wife, kiddies and loads of luggage where the ancillary fees would skyrocket. I've found US to be no better or worse than the other U.S. ''legacy'' carriers, i.e. they get you from A to B but the unionised drone employees don't care about your comfort or well-being.

I haven't flown IB since I was a kid and they flew 72S's from the UK. How good/bad are they now?

I'm surprised AS, BMIbaby or AZ didn't make the list.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 11 Jan 22:22

Mabel you said with the wife and KIDDIES

have you something to tell us ? ? I thought it was the 19th.

Mabel

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 12 Jan 0:08

Not quite yet Bill. It's the 15th, on or about, so it can happen any day now. Exciting times, as you well know!!

Skid Kid

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 12 Jan 0:14

I flew IBE in 1998 so things may have changed since then and I cannot speak to how the service is on long-haul flights as I flew inter-European services only. Even though IBE's inflight product seems to be more LCC than legacy, on all flights the crew delivered an acceptable quality of service. The FAs seem kinda rigid though, like they were trained to operate at legacy standards but haven't been given the correct tools.

rogerroger

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 14 Jan 16:03

SkidKid said that IBE were average rather than bad. I commented in the  Silly Season  thread - repeated below - that...... More recently anything involving Iberia is pretty average. A 340 (EC-GPB) to Buenos Aires in September last year was cramped with very limited seat recline (in Economy)had no in-seat entertainment, inedible food and surly crew. And yet the passengers applauded on landing.

SKidKid wondered if they'd changed since 1998. I've flown them a dozen or so times since then, equally on Long Haul to South America and on European connecting legs. (But always in Economy) I have to say that  Average  is the best they've ever been. None has been good and few have been enjoyable. So I'm not really surprised that they're on this list.

zaitochi

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 15 Jan 23:01

very good response from pilots , they have mastered their self-control

good job for the pilots !!!

Lisa

Number of messages:
  Topic: BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL - Sent 15 Jan 2:14

I wont talk much as you guys said already IBE havent changed from 727s since i know because a friend their ex fa which is now in air europa told me and you d not expect much from them ;(

legacy carriers in europe best cabin crew service you find with LH first, AF second and thats all i m gonna say because we re tired to come on this subject.

FR is an insult to customers then period you can say!

Post a message for this thread

To post a message, you must be logged in , if you are not yet a member Click here to register

Email :

Password :

Topic
BOTH BARS TAKEN ILL

Your message Insert a smiley

By posting a message on this forum, you agree expressly that your message can be removed by site administrators, due to moderaiton concerns, without justification of reason. You agree that your write access to the forum can be blocked due to several complaints from users related to your posts. Finally, it is forbidden to create additional user accounts if the original is restricted.

Messages must be written in english. Messages written in an another language will be deleted.
Post only messages related to the civil aviation, and do not insert any ad. Your IP is logged.
You can custom your text by using the following codes
[B]Your text[/B] : Text in bold
[I]Your text[/I] : Text in italic
[U]Your text[/U] : Text underline
[S]Your text[/S] : Text striketough

© Airfleets.net 2002-2014

[Contact] [Privacy Policy] [Disclaimer] [Advertisement]

The Airport Game - Tourism in Ibiza - Tourisme à Ibiza - Tourism in Menorca  
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com