Search :  

THE MOUTH OPENS AGAIN

Return to the forum index
Post a message for this thread

Share |

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: THE MOUTH OPENS AGAIN - Sent 11 Sep 14:18

Ireland's or should it be the worlds biggest, foulest and most uninformed mouth has opened again.

Some of us may agree with some of his sentiment but not in the foul way he puts it over.

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/oleary-says-climate-change-is-horse/

User profil Private message Suggest deletion    

Mabel

Number of messages:
  Topic: THE MOUTH OPENS AGAIN - Sent 11 Sep 16:50

True, true. He makes some very legitimate points that unfortunately get lost amid all the *******'s. The unfortunate bit is that we're never going to get to the bottom of the issue and there won't be any scientifically valid (i.e. UNBIASED) research done to find out whether man-induced global warming is for real or not as long as self-promoting pathological narcissist pied pipers like Mr O'Leary and Al Gore are grabbing all the headlines for themselves and leading the gullible everyday folk down the path to deception.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: THE MOUTH OPENS AGAIN - Sent 11 Sep 17:06

I have a friend who is a professor of engineering and you should here his riveting lecture on the damage man is doing to the environment then he will give you a further riveting lecture on the facts that what we are experiencing is nature at work as it has done so since time began. I tend to go with his second theory not because I want to relinquish my responsibility but because I am old enough to have seen nature repair so much damage that has been done to it.

I personally believe as an engineer that far too much is made of the damage by the aviation industry to the environment when there are so many other industries pumping out garbage into the atmosphere.

Freshbrook

Number of messages:
  Topic: THE MOUTH OPENS AGAIN - Sent 11 Sep 20:02

We all know, I suspect, that this government is happy to continue the policy of the former by taxing aviation users as much as it can get away with. (APD for example). They assume that airline passengers are rich beyond belief and can be milked for as much as possible >until the pigs squeal>, to mix a metaphor. Motorists are in the same category, they mutter and moan but there is little effective organisation for protest.

Judging by the lack of organised protests, or perhaps because airline passengers and motorists are not well organised, they haven't sqealed too much up to now.

The carbon reason for APD is a hollow one given the 2% oft quoted figure in these matters

MoL knows how to make money, I don't know how much he knows about aviation but I think he knows less about railways. 50 years ago or so, AWS or Automatic Warning System was developed to bring a locomotive and attached train of coaches/wagons to a safe stop through an audible warning sounding in the cab, demanding a cancelling response from the driver, otherwise the train brakes would be applied automatically. It was a simple device but many times improved over the years. MoL should have no worries about accidents <conceivably> being caused by a train driver having a heart attack at speed.

Scientists and technologists are renowned for a reluctance to dissociate themselves from the perceived and received wisdom on a given theory. When the theory becomes accepted as fact (with dubious proof), no-one with an ambition to professorship or other greatness will go against the tide of opinion. This stifles debate and informed discussion. The climate change debate has been stifled in this way, with those sceptics pilloried in the media as lunatics, buffoons or worse. It is all the easier when you start off with a figure of ridicule, Bush, Gore, and then he/she speaks on climate change, the knife goes in from the media.

Me? I would just like to see some objective proof of climate change - to say, <We know it's happening we just can't prove it>, is not scientific nor professional.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: THE MOUTH OPENS AGAIN - Sent 12 Sep 22:28

Well said Freshbrook.

Post a message for this thread

To post a message, you must be logged in , if you are not yet a member Click here to register

Email :

Password :

Topic
THE MOUTH OPENS AGAIN

Your message Insert a smiley

By posting a message on this forum, you agree expressly that your message can be removed by site administrators, due to moderaiton concerns, without justification of reason. You agree that your write access to the forum can be blocked due to several complaints from users related to your posts. Finally, it is forbidden to create additional user accounts if the original is restricted.

Messages must be written in english. Messages written in an another language will be deleted.
Post only messages related to the civil aviation, and do not insert any ad. Your IP is logged.
You can custom your text by using the following codes
[B]Your text[/B] : Text in bold
[I]Your text[/I] : Text in italic
[U]Your text[/U] : Text underline
[S]Your text[/S] : Text striketough

Airfleets.net 2002-2014

[Contact] [Privacy Policy] [Disclaimer] [Advertisement]

The Airport Game - Tourism in Ibiza - Tourisme Ibiza - Tourism in Menorca  
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com