Return to the forum index
Post a message for this thread

Share |

Harry W

Number of messages:
  Topic: Virgin Blue sells E170's - Sent 01 Sep 7:35

Hi,
I am new.

Virgin Blue is selling their E170's. The are used on regional routes in Australia competing with Qantaslink's Q400 propeller flights.

Harry W

User profil Private message Suggest deletion    

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: Virgin Blue sells E170's - Sent 01 Sep 14:48

Not surprising really if U hv been hearing what its relatively new CEO<ex-QF guy> has been basically saying since late 09:

VBlue will go up-mkt inching closer to QF mainline's key domestic mkt segment=Higher yield biz travellers/corp accounts.

In a way, it has already started that journey a bit earlier with its longhaul arm VAustralia. Its recent order of 2 332s for domestic ops reinforces this new strategy...U just won't order widebody for domestic ops if U're not planning REAL premium cabin. Conversely, U can't really hv a premium cabin without losing lots of Y seats on a E170....what's more, I suspect VBlue will @ least partially moving out of the regional mkt segment which is mostly low-yield in Australia.

Mabel

Number of messages:
  Topic: Virgin Blue sells E170's - Sent 01 Sep 17:31

An E170 has high fuel costs for a regional jet, higher than a CRJ200 or CRJ700 and much higher than a Q400 prop. Virgin Blue would be much better off focusing on mainline flights with premium seats as FLX suggests.

Post a message for this thread

To post a message, you must be logged in , if you are not yet a member Click here to register

Email :

Password :

Topic
Virgin Blue sells E170's

Your message Insert a smiley

By posting a message on this forum, you agree expressly that your message can be removed by site administrators, due to moderaiton concerns, without justification of reason. You agree that your write access to the forum can be blocked due to several complaints from users related to your posts. Finally, it is forbidden to create additional user accounts if the original is restricted.

Messages must be written in english. Messages written in an another language will be deleted.
Post only messages related to the civil aviation, and do not insert any ad. Your IP is logged.
You can custom your text by using the following codes
[B]Your text[/B] : Text in bold
[I]Your text[/I] : Text in italic
[U]Your text[/U] : Text underline
[S]Your text[/S] : Text striketough

Airfleets.net 2002-2014

[Contact] [Privacy Policy] [Disclaimer] [Advertisement]

The Airport Game - Tourism in Ibiza - Tourisme Ibiza - Tourism in Menorca  
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com