Search :  

Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA

Return to the forum index
Post a message for this thread

Share |

Spookeytookey

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 16 Jun 13:46

I am flying on Monday back to work in GVA Airport and was surprised that the 0645 LHR to GVA and return is operated by a BA 767

How can that be efficient?

User profil Private message Suggest deletion    

milky

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 16 Jun 17:08

It is efficient because the people who fly on this route are all business men. Also if it wasn't a high capacity route, they wouldn't put a 767 on it. Like one of the FRA routes is also a 767.

Spookeytookey

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 16 Jun 21:35

the flight is less than half full and looking at every monday morning flight this is a one off for a 767

just seems weird thats alll

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 17 Jun 6:11

The flight might be under 0.5 full LHR->GVA but don't forget it might be full GVA->LHR......unless U were also on the return flight and witnessed that it was also 0.5 full which would <just seems weird...> re your commuting pattern.....

Spookeytookey

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 17 Jun 6:24

I am only flying in the morning LHR to GENEVA to start work
but i think it would be strange a 10am flight from GVA to LHR being full?

its usually a A319 on this morning flight..

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 18 Jun 4:08

Why?
Why would it be strange a 10:00 flight GVA->LHR be full? How about biz group traveling together<i.e. Partial charter causing temporary equipment swap> on a single flight to attend large meetings/conventions/exhibitions? While I don't know much about the core biz travel mkt in Europe but I'm guessing both the Geneva and London areas are home to some of the largest Corp and public/political organziations in the world.

My present and all ex-employers arrange such group biz trips for employees all the time across all regions in the world and mid-morning is 1 of the most popular departure times of the day for such trips. This mth is also 1 of the most popular time for large meetings/conventions/exhibitions right before people take off for long summer vacations.

Spookeytookey

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 18 Jun 5:56

Just enquired to BA about a group booking on this flight asking if it would be possible to book 50 people, and that id call back to confirm

the 1000 GVA to LHR flight is 78% EMpty at this point according to the telephone agent

SO i think its unlikeley

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 18 Jun 12:23

Wow, U're pretty unrelenting having gone to the trouble of actually calling BA to inquire exact seat availability. I truly admire your due-diligence in proving my speculation as incorrect. U must be really really concern about the load factor on this flight.

However, I think U're missing the point as there are dozens of reasons in which an airline needs to swap equipment @ short notice. It may be the 319 regularly scheduled for this route needs some urgent maintenance,crew training,testing,held by weather/traffic delay @ previous station,etc. and a 763ER is the smallest thing sitting around on the BA tarmac available to swap-in quickly. Alternatively, may be a specially large cargo shipment needs to be flown on the route that day in which a 319's belly is too small for it.

Then again, U may check all of the above possible reasons with BA to prove me wrong.....one thing for sure though, an airline won't swap equipment just for the fun of it as it does costs extra op costs. Anyway, I rest my case.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 18 Jun 21:14

As FLX says there could be a million and one reasons why the type change. I remember one afternoon a 320 was changed for a 767 on the AMS route and it was due to cabin crew training.
My recommendation - just enjoy.

Spookeytookey

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 20 Jun 22:57

lol yeah true being a bit of a saddo but t was more suriosity
actually tho on a positive note im looking fwd to flyin on a 767 its been a few years :0)

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 20 Jun 9:02

I know how you feel Spookeytookey as I also like to know the reasons why something like this is happening.

Spookeytookey

Number of messages:
  Topic: Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA - Sent 21 Jun 9:00

WELL DISAPPOINTED
CHECKED IN ONLINE, confiq was 2-3-2 767
Got to aircraft and...it was an A320

hmph

Post a message for this thread

To post a message, you must be logged in , if you are not yet a member Click here to register

Email :

Password :

Topic
Strange Ac on BA LHR to GVA

Your message Insert a smiley

By posting a message on this forum, you agree expressly that your message can be removed by site administrators, due to moderaiton concerns, without justification of reason. You agree that your write access to the forum can be blocked due to several complaints from users related to your posts. Finally, it is forbidden to create additional user accounts if the original is restricted.

Messages must be written in english. Messages written in an another language will be deleted.
Post only messages related to the civil aviation, and do not insert any ad. Your IP is logged.
You can custom your text by using the following codes
[B]Your text[/B] : Text in bold
[I]Your text[/I] : Text in italic
[U]Your text[/U] : Text underline
[S]Your text[/S] : Text striketough

Airfleets.net 2002-2014

[Contact] [Privacy Policy] [Disclaimer] [Advertisement]

The Airport Game - Tourism in Ibiza - Tourisme Ibiza - Tourism in Menorca  
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com