Search :  

What say you?

Return to the forum index
Post a message for this thread

Share |

milky

Number of messages:
  Topic: What say you? - Sent 10 Jun 7:45

What say you, to seeing BA doing a retro jet livery, with the old livery on it?

User profil Private message Suggest deletion    

milky

Number of messages:
  Topic: What say you? - Sent 10 Jun 14:07

To add, with the current livery it would be a great surprise, and reminder of the memories.

Mabel

Number of messages:
  Topic: What say you? - Sent 10 Jun 15:53

Why not? US, AA, AS, CO, KL and AF all do it.

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: What say you? - Sent 11 Jun 9:35

Exactly. What's so surprising and special other than the fact that BA is surprisingly late in doing it now after everyone else has done it already?

speedbird9468

Number of messages:

Topic: What say you? - Sent 12 Jun 23:44

Better still why not do one aircraft in each of the liveries right back to BOAC.

canuck

Number of messages:

Topic: What say you? - Sent 12 Jun 4:30

I'm really amazed that people are suprised that BA is late on the classic livery idea. BA has become a follower in the last 5 years, certainly not introducing new ideas to the industry. They seem to be in pure survival mode, never a good sign in this unforgiving industry.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: What say you? - Sent 14 Jun 16:55

I don't think BA is a follower of any one or any airline nor have been as long as I can remember but like so many other European, Canadian and US airlines react to the requirements and needs of the times and of their passengers. As far as survival mode well they are not on their own in that respect but I do believe BA is big enough and strong enough to survive the ups and downs that beset them from time to time.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: What say you? - Sent 14 Jun 20:14

O yes I meant to say it would be nice to see some of the old colours again and me being me would love to see a 777 or even a 767 in the old B.O.A.C. colours.

Then again it would be nice to see an A-319/320/321 in the old B.E.A. colours but which ones. The black box tail would be nice.

canuck

Number of messages:

Topic: What say you? - Sent 15 Jun 22:09

Time will tell. My money is on BA becoming a part of a larger group, and as an acquisition + not as the acquirer.

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: What say you? - Sent 15 Jun 23:46

canuck:
Fm an industrial alliance perspective, BA is already part of a larger group: OneWorld

Fm a Corp structure/ownership perspective, BA has also recently become part of a larger group along with IB: IAG<Int'l Airline Group>

With complex financial instruments/arrangements such as stock swaps, ELN<Equity-Linked Notes>,
bonds, etc. involved in most M&A these days, it's often hard to clearly distinguish/define between an <acquirer> and an <acquistion> subject. The recently announced tie-up between UA and CO is a perfect example to demonstrate how complicated it is to figure out who is the aquirer and who is being acquired in certain M&A scenarios:
- UA trading name retained, CO trading name scrapped
- CO branding style retained, UA branding style scrapped
- Legacy CO mgmt team will be in charge of top mgmt in the combined entity

The more equal in size of the 2 entities pre-merger, the more difficult to distinguish who is the acquirer per se......and BA, despite being wounded somewhat, is no small potato to begin with. There're just not many potential <acquirers> around that are significantly bigger than BA to<acquire> BA outright. Such scenario will be unlike, e.g., LH <clearly acquired> much smaller carriers like OS and Swiss Int'l.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: What say you? - Sent 15 Jun 7:01

B.A.'s ownership or part ownership portfolio is much larger than many people think and have a number of companies although all owned by B.A. or part owned registered as separate companies and most of which if needed to be sold off could raise a lot of hard cash for B.A.

They own for example 40% of FlyBE, what will that 40% be worth now ? They own a large Engineering company based in Cardiff. They have shares in and also own In Flight Catering Companies, Investments in hotels around the world and have apart from FlyBE shares in a number of other airlines so all in all taking the present B.A.(airline only) problems out of the equation the B.A. group is quite healthy.

captain bill

Number of messages:
  Topic: What say you? - Sent 15 Jun 15:26

CORECTION

B.A. own 14% of FlyBE not as I have said 40% sorry.

Post a message for this thread

To post a message, you must be logged in , if you are not yet a member Click here to register

Email :

Password :

Topic
What say you?

Your message Insert a smiley

By posting a message on this forum, you agree expressly that your message can be removed by site administrators, due to moderaiton concerns, without justification of reason. You agree that your write access to the forum can be blocked due to several complaints from users related to your posts. Finally, it is forbidden to create additional user accounts if the original is restricted.

Messages must be written in english. Messages written in an another language will be deleted.
Post only messages related to the civil aviation, and do not insert any ad. Your IP is logged.
You can custom your text by using the following codes
[B]Your text[/B] : Text in bold
[I]Your text[/I] : Text in italic
[U]Your text[/U] : Text underline
[S]Your text[/S] : Text striketough

Airfleets.net 2002-2014

[Contact] [Privacy Policy] [Disclaimer] [Advertisement]

The Airport Game - Tourism in Ibiza - Tourisme Ibiza - Tourism in Menorca  
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com