Airline: Air India
Type: B777-337ER
MSN: 36318 (871)
Delivery flight: 24/05/2010.

User profil Private message Suggest deletion    

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: New Boeing 777 for Air India: - Sent 25 May 8:15

Don't understand why this delivery wasn't cancelled<Or at least delayed> as AI has been seeking to sub-lease many 77Ws/Ls already in its fleet to other airlines.

Looking @ the AI 777 fleet status today, U'd think AI is more of a leasing company than a 777 operator.....perhaps more profit$ in leasing than operating?

HL7597

Number of messages:
  Topic: New Boeing 777 for Air India: - Sent 25 May 20:00

VT-ALT was most likely to be one of the delayed deliveries and the aircraft was certainly fresh off the production line, by the looks of that video.

FLX

Number of messages:
  Topic: New Boeing 777 for Air India: - Sent 26 May 3:19

That's precisely my point. Unless Air India's primary business is in aircraft leasing, NOT airline ops, what is the point of taking new deliveries<fresh off the production line> of exactly the same type of aircraft<Also similar age> U're trying to lease out to other carriers @ the same time? The most weird thing is that AI is offering their 77W/L<i.e. 777-337ER/777-237LR> to other airlines on dry-lease<i.e. longterm arrangment typically lasting 5-8yrs without any AI crew+ops+maintenance support> instead of the more flexible wet-lease arrangement<i.e. short-term typically lasting a yr or less with AI crew+ops+maintenance support>.

At least on the surface, it looks like top managment @ Air India, particularly the fleet planning dept, has made a huge strategic mistake earlier placing those 77W/L orders.... Though AI is far fm alone in similar situation in India. Jet Airways and KingFisher hv also been actively leasing out/delaying deliveries of their biggest widebody types<i.e. 77W, 345 and 388>. I'm beginning to suspect an industry pattern here....

Post a message for this thread

To post a message, you must be logged in , if you are not yet a member Click here to register

Email :

Password :

Topic
New Boeing 777 for Air India:

Your message Insert a smiley

By posting a message on this forum, you agree expressly that your message can be removed by site administrators, due to moderaiton concerns, without justification of reason. You agree that your write access to the forum can be blocked due to several complaints from users related to your posts. Finally, it is forbidden to create additional user accounts if the original is restricted.

Messages must be written in english. Messages written in an another language will be deleted.
Post only messages related to the civil aviation, and do not insert any ad. Your IP is logged.
You can custom your text by using the following codes
[B]Your text[/B] : Text in bold
[I]Your text[/I] : Text in italic
[U]Your text[/U] : Text underline
[S]Your text[/S] : Text striketough

Airfleets.net 2002-2014

[Contact] [Privacy Policy] [Disclaimer] [Advertisement]

The Airport Game - Tourism in Ibiza - Tourisme Ibiza - Tourism in Menorca  
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com